We are looking for an in-house copywriter to craft compelling, high-converting email promotional campaigns and landing page copy to help grow the overall revenues of DigitalMarketer.
As a member of the Marketing team, your job will be to leverage our tested and proven copy and campaign templates to craft “control” pieces, and then utilize your own skills and creativity to beat your controls…without ever resorting to spammy, scammy sales tactics.
The work WILL be challenging, but it will NEVER be boring. (And we happen to believe that the right person for this position will be attracted to and inspired by just such a challenge.)
IMPORTANT: This is an in-office position, so please do not apply if you are not already living in or are willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
What will you be doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Meeting with fellow members of the marketing team to discuss offers, positioning and messaging.
- Familiarizing yourself with our products, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
- Brainstorming ideas and concepts for the visuals and words with other members of the marketing and product teams.
- Writing email campaigns based on tested and proven campaign templates.
- Writing sales page and landing page copy based on informational content provided by the product team.
- Preparing and editing email correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Working with media planners/buyers and the marketing department to fully develop advertising campaigns.
- Writing press releases to advertise new products.
- Revising, editing, and proofreading content as needed.
- Monitor and change advertising campaigns to change effectiveness.
What skills should you have?
- be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about our products and services
- be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- smile often and have a good sense of humor
- work well in a team and with a range of creative people
- be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- be coachable enough to learn from those who have more experience, but independent enough to do your own thing when you truly believe your idea is the right idea. In other words, be a part of the team while simultaneously knowing when to challenge the status quo.
- have experience working in a smaller, startup-type environment. While we are not a startup, our company culture is still highly lean and entrepreneurial, so if you’re used to suits, ties and personal assistants getting you coffee in the morning, I can assure you that this is NOT the role for you. For more insight into our company’s culture, be sure to check out our “We Believe” video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvlf0Wg37N4
- be highly self-motivated and well organized
- be able to see other people's points of view and accept feedback with a smile and “Thank you”…even when the feedback is mildly stupid and unhelpful.
- possess good leadership, people and project management skills
- have at least some marketing experience
- be willing to relocate to Austin, TX (assuming Austin is not already your home).
The person best suited for this role is a great story teller, is highly creative and imaginative, has good written and interpersonal skills, can work well on a team, has the ability to work well under pressure, has a an eye for detail, and has an interest in digital marketing and commerce.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
This is an amazing opportunity to work with other smart people in a fast-paced and fun environment, and get an enormous amount of "on-the-job training" in the process. (It's quite literally what we do at DigitalMarketer.)
TIP: Watch this short video to learn more about DigitalMarketer and our mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhuD15EkO4
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Matching!
- Opportunities for advancement (We love promoting out of customer care, because you understand both our products AND our customers.)
DigitalMarketer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DigitalMarketer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.